Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ooey gooey slimy kisses

Do you ever get those moments in life when you are just so overwhelmed with love? I have found that in this past year I get that feeling most often when I am with my 8 month old son, Grady. He is the light of my life and has brought so much hope and happiness to our family. We have had a very interesting year to say the least, and when today I found my self feeling a little bogged down by the weight of the world Grady crawled over to me, pulled himself up, got right in my face, smiled his sweet crooked smile, and gave me the best Ooey Gooey Slimy Kisses. Did it matter that my makeup was definitely smudged or that my face was now a little sticky? Nope! I am so thankful for the honest true love of a child, MY CHILD : )

3 comments:

  1. So proud of the wonderful mom you are, Stace. Thanks for always warmly sharing yours & Daniel's greatest blessing with us. What a joy Grady is to us all! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tear! If you keep this up I wont be able to follow your blogs due to excessive crying. I'm just teasing. Your words are beautiful, I cannot wait to read more. And I too am proud of you, may sound weird to say since we are the same age, but I am! You are a very amazing lady and Grady is so blessed to have you as a Mommy and Daniel is blessed to have you as a wife! And I'm blessed to have you as a cousin! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I appreciate the comments and kind words. I am strangely very excited about this new adventure. It is kind of fun and I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head right now. : ) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete